No Dialogue, no narrative voice-over (snippets of voices are allowed)
No traditional narrative/ plot
- 'Narrative' should be focused on an object, environment, atmosphere
- Graphic approach: consider image composition, colour, patterns, textures, atmosphere
- Typography is allowed as long as it doesn't tell a 'Story', but by no means compulsory
- Sound! Crate your own sound design / soundscape using software by richly layering field recordings. sound effects libraries, sound files from sounddogs.com, etc- Build up the film organically, create sound, image and 'narrative' at the same time, through editing, trial and error, rather than predefined storyboard
- Experiment! Push yourself to try new techniques + approaches
And ye if you didn't get bored reading all that, thats pretty much all the rules i need to follow and through out today I've been doing some research into what other artists have done and ill be posting all these up in a bit.