Sunday 24 October 2010

The Process: Protection

To protect the surface of the lightbox (as its the property of the University), and to create a texture underneath the acrylic, I bought some cling film from asda and laid it on top of the lightbox before placing down the acrylic maze. This made the paint very easy to handle and gave it a compound to travel inside of.

The acrylic was also applied for mine and other peoples health and safety. It made sure the paint did not cause some sort of malfunction inside the lightbox.

For the protection of others and my work, I left a very visible sign on top of my work before I went home to ensure no one came in contact with it.


Images of the Cling Film at work.

Cling film placed underneath acrylic pieces

Cling film packaging
Label for protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment